EXPERIENCED ARBORIST CLIMBER
A Cut Above is a growing company based in Ottershaw, Surrey dealing with all aspects of Arboriculture. We work with domestic & commercial clients, contracts, councils and utilities. We heavily invest in our team and their training, as personal development is very important to us. Our team is our biggest asset, so taking care of them is our priority.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Salary: Based on experience (£28,000-£33,000 basic)
Term: Full time (PAYE)
• Government Pension Scheme
• 28 days holiday (bank holidays included)
• Equipment, PPE and uniform provided
• Optional overtime
• Continuous professional development (CPD) & training provided
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Must hold the following qualifications:
Valid & clean UK Driving Licence
First Aid +Forestry
Any Utility qualifications would be a huge plus.
• All candidates must have a good working knowledge of all up to date arboricultural practices, equipment and it's maintenance & tree knowledge.
• Basic tree legislations and guidelines would be good to have but not essential.
• At least 2 years climbing would be preferred, however, we would be happy to consider someone with less experience, as long as their technique and approach is of a high standard.
• A paid trial shift will be offered of 3 or more days, so that the candidate can demonstrate their ability.
Personal & Professional Skills
• Excellent communication skills & customer service skills are essential. It will be the climbers responsibility to converse with the customers, so this is very important
• Should have a happy and positive attitude, be highly self motivated and have the ability to work well with others.
• Should be reliable, punctual and have very good time management skills.
• Should take pride in appearance and be willing to wear the correct PPE at all times when the work requires it.
• Be a good role model to the rest of the team, support the less experienced staff with learning and provide feedback to team in a friendly and supportive way.
• Have excellent attention to detail & take pride in ones work as well as being able to ensure work is completed safely and efficiently.
• Must be able to act professional in all circumstances