A Cut Above is a growing company based in Ottershaw, Surrey dealing with all aspects of Arboriculture. We work with domestic & commercial clients, contracts, councils and utilities. We heavily invest in our team and their training, as personal development is very important to us. Our team is our biggest asset, so taking care of them is our priority.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Salary: Competitive - based on experience
Term: Full time (PAYE)
• Government Pension Scheme
• 28 days holiday (bank holidays included)
• Equipment, PPE and uniform provided
• Optional overtime
• Continuous professional development (CPD) & training provided
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• NPTC qualifications - CS30, CS31, CS38, CS39 (as a minimum)
• Clean UK driving license (as a minimum) & towing
• Good tree ID knowledge, industry best practice, legislations and guidelines (as a minimum)
• At least 1 year experience within the industry (as a minimum)
• MEWP & Chipper ticket preferable
• First aid (forestry) preferable
• Be able to ensure work is completed safely, efficiently and to a high standard.
• Be confident in themselves and take pride in their work.
• Have good time management skills.
• Identify structural defects, pests and diseases.
• Be able to demonstrate correct pruning techiniques for individual species and operations.
• To complete daily checklists & risk assessments.
• Be able to use machinery and equipment such as woodchippers, stump grinders, MEWPs, diggers & chainsaws safely and correctly.
• Assist mechanic in maintaining tools and equipment used each day, keeping the condition in good order and identifying any machinery in need of repair.
• Have a positive, can-do attitude & be highly motivated.
• Be able to work well within a team
• Be well mannered and polite, especially when working in our customers property.
• Have a good understanding of tree health and longevity.
References and a trial will be required.